Tomar Templar Full Day Group Tour
Skip the line
- Go on a quest for the Knights Templar legacy in Tomar region in this Tomar Templar group tour.
- Visit Almourol Castle – A fairy-tale castle in the middle of a river.
- Discover the UNESCO-listed Convent of Christ
- Learn about the history of the Knights Templar
- Visit the church of Santa Maria do Olival in Tomar
It is not your first visit to Portugal or you want to visit somewhere different than the classic Lisbon, popular Sintra or sought out Porto, then the Tomar Templar group tour is the right tour for you!
Feel the history of centuries in your bones with this fantastic tour where you will first visit Convento de Cristo, founded by the Templar Knights and listed as UNESCO World Heritage site, then discover the charming city of Tomar and church of Santa Maria do Olival built in the second half of the 12th century.
Still not convinced? Well, what if I tell you that besides these marvelous experiences you will also have the opportunity to descend to the unbelievable Mira de Aire Caves to appreciate the beauty that nature spent the time to create!
This tour starts with a pick up from your hotel/accommodation in Lisbon and we will head to the city of Tomar.
Time to visit more castle, that was part of the defensive line controlled by the Knights Templar. Castle of Almourol. Situated in the middle of Tagus River, so best way to reach the castle is by taking a boat.
Then, take a break for lunch at a local restaurant (own expense). Lunchtime, based on your preference, but we advise you to have lunch in Medieval Tavern. That is the best way to taste Portuguese gastronomy and feel like real Knight of Templar.
Next, head to the charming city of Tomar, home to some of Portugal’s most impressive monuments and buildings. Gain insight from your guide about how the Knights Templar used a religious code to form the city, like the four monuments stationed around the city to resemble a crucifix. In Tomar, see famed monuments such as the 12th-century Convent of Christ, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and visit the Castle of Tomar. Afterward, venture to the Gothic-style Church of Santa Maria do Olival, a gorgeous 12th-century church erected for the Knights Templar.
Finally, enjoy the relaxing landscape on your drive back to Lisbon.
- Almourol Castle
- Convento de Cristo
- Church of Santa Maria do Olival
Our guide will wait for you at one of the meeting points marked on the map below. Choose your preferable location and then select it from the offered options in the reservation form. Please, pay attention to your email, in the case of some change in the estimated pick-up time.
- Tivoli Oriente (Parque das Nações). Pick-up time: 8:15 am
- Fado Museum (Alfama). Pick-up time: 8:30 am
- Hotel Mundial (Martim Moniz). Pick-up time: 8:30 am
- VIP Executive Éden Aparthotel (Restauradores). Pick-up time: 8:45 am
- Bairro Alto Hotel (Praça Luís de Camões). Pick-up time: 8:45 am
- Hotel HF Fénix Lisboa (Marquês de Pombal). Pick-up time: 9:00 am
IncludedMeeting Point Pick-Up.Tour guide.Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle.Personal and accident insurance.Free time to explore at each stop.Entrance tickets (Convent of Christ and Almourol)