Private Journey From Lisbon To Romantic Berlenga Island
Skip the Line
- Our full-day trip to The Berlengas islands is led by experienced and enthusiastic guide.
- Relax during a boat cruise enjoying scenic views above Peniche fishing village and surrounding ocean.
- Explore this group of small islands and rocks classified by UNESCO as a protected natural reserve
- Snap some wonderful pictures of the imposing St. John Baptist Fort.
- Enjoy your free time by swimming, snorkeling or just relaxing on the beach.
- Explore the island’s caves and cliffs by kayaking or by a glass-bottom boat.
- As tour is limited for maximum 8 participants, it makes it a very pleasant small group experience.
Spend one unforgettable on a Romantic Berlenga Island Private Trip, a large Natural Reservation and definitely one of Portugal’s the most charming places. Trip to Berlengas Island takes 1.5 hours to get to Peniche and than 40 minutes ob boat to reach island.
Meet your guide at your hotel in Lisbon and depart for the fishing village of Peniche by an air-conditioned vehicle. After we arrive to this magical Portuguese village, we board a boat and enjoy a cruise to The Berlenga Grande lasting about 45 minutes. This idyllic romantic island is characterized by secluded caverns and twisting rock formations. After our boat drops its anchor at the little island’s port, everybody takes some free time on the beach and enjoy in its own way. Then we explore the St. John Baptist Fort (Forte de São João Baptista) by a smaller boat intended to this kind of cruise. This 17th-century fortress was built right over the ruins of an old monastery. Explore the stronghold with your guide and listen to the fascinating stories about numerous invasions and pirate attacks. We also find out some curiosities about the island’s flora and fauna during our an 1-hour walk through the Berlengas Nature Reserve (Reserva Natural das Berlengas). While returning to the port we take a break for lunch at one of the seafront eateries (own expense) or, if will bring some food with you, you can make a picnic on the beach. When the time comes, join back up with your group for a cave kayaking excursion (included in the price of trip). Alternatively, if you’d prefer a less demanding activity, you can explore the caves in a glass-bottom boat. This wonderful adventure full of unforgettable moments and magical places finishes by a drop-off at your hotel.
- Visit Grande Berlenga island
- Visit Fort of São João Baptista das Berlengas
- IncludedHotel pick-up and drop off in Lisbon.Transportation by an air-conditioned vehicle.A boat ridePersonal and accident insurance.Free time to explore each stop.
- Not IncludedLunch.