Fátima Batalha Nazaré Óbidos – Full Day Group Tour
What you’ll do in this Fátima Batalha Nazaré Óbidos Tour
- Visit the Catholic shrine Fatima and listen to the stories about Virgin Mary´s miracles.
- Discover the most emblematic Gothic monument of Portugal – the monastery “Batalha” listed by UNESCO as the World Heritage Site.
- Enjoy the breathtaking view on the cliff of fishing town Nazaré and enter the church where the oldest statue of Virgin Mary is preserved.
- Experience the fairy-tale atmosphere of the medieval village Óbidos
- Taste the traditional cherry liquor “Ginja”.
Would you wish to explore Portuguese culture, history, architecture, nature, gastronomy and make your trip as much rich in experience as possible? Then you just found the best tour for you! This tour is the perfect combination of everything in one. Discover Fatima, the holy place, considered one of the most important Catholic shrines on the world. Admire the beauty of the majestic Gothic convent Batalha, wonderful natural landscapes on the way and the breathtaking view in Nazaré fishing town, where in a small church is preserved the first statue of St. Mary on the world. Then enter into a fairytale in the picturesque medieval town – Obidos. Day trip to Fatima from Lisbon is the second most popular tour around Lisbon that you can make in 8 hours. Fatima trip is the main Portugal destination for all believers who want to visit Fatima Shrine.
Following the pick-up at the meeting point, we start our Lisbon to Fatima tour. We head across the scenic natural landscapes of Midwestern Portugal straight into the nestling of the Portuguese faith – Fatima. On the way, knowledgeable and friendly go2lisbon’s guide will reveal you secrets of this one of the most important Catholic shrines of the world. After we will experience the unique atmosphere of this holy place, our route will continue to the majestic Gothic convent “Batalha” which was classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. There we will admire the beauty of the exuberant Manueline architectural style, in Portugal characteristic especially in the 16th century. In the small historical center, we will take a break for our lunchtime and will have the opportunity to experience some typical Portuguese dish, traditional in this region. After this energizing stop, we will continue to one of the most famous Portugal´s sea resorts, Nazaré, popular among surfers and water sports lovers, attracting by pilgrims visiting the small church on the top of the hill where is preserved black statue of Virgin Mary made by St. Joseph. There we will see also eye-catching colorful boats made by local fishermen spread along the large sandy beach, which we admire from the top of the rock with the wonderful view above the ocean. Our adventure´s peak will be the medieval village “Óbidos” where would be an unforgivable sin to do not try the sweet cherry liqueur Ginja served in the small chocolate cups. It´s simply delicious! There we will enjoy the fairy-tale atmosphere breathing in the cobbled paths flanking small medieval houses. We will explore that narrow street covered by flowerbeds, charming taverns and handicraft stores inviting you to taste traditional flavors and take away some of their cute handmade products. After we will spend all day by exploring treasures of Central Portugal, we will return back to your hotel to let you rest after this adventure bomb of unforgettable moments and take a breath.
- The Fátima Batalha Nazaré Óbidos Tour starts at one of the meeting points in Lisbon centre. Pick up times at 8:30, 8:45 and 9:00 depending on the meeting point location
- Fatima Sanctuary
- Batalha Monastery
- Lunch time
- Drive back
- 18:00 Arrival back in Lisbon, return to meeting point.
Our guide will wait for you at one of the meeting points marked on the map below. Choose your preferable location and then select it from the offered options in the reservation form. Please, pay attention to your email, in the case of some change in the estimated pick-up time.
- Fado Museum (Alfama). Pick-up time: 8:30 am
- Hotel Mundial (Martim Moniz). Pick-up time: 8:30 am
- VIP Executive Éden Aparthotel (Restauradores). Pick-up time: 8:45 am
- Bairro Alto Hotel (Praça Luís de Camões). Pick-up time: 8:45 am
- Hotel HF Fénix Lisboa (Marquês de Pombal). Pick-up time: 9:00 am
- Tivoli Oriente (Parque das Nações). Pick-up time: 9:15 am
- IncludedPick-up and drop off on meeting point.Transportation by an air-conditioned vehicle.Personal and accident insurance.Free time to explore each stop.Ginja tasting.
- Not IncludedLunch.