Group Tour From Lisbon To Romantic Berlenga Island
- Our full-day trip to The Romantic Berlenga Island is led by experienced and enthusiastic guide.
- Relax during a boat cruise enjoying scenic views above Peniche fishing village and surrounding ocean.
- Explore this group of small islands and rocks classified by UNESCO as a protected natural reserve
- Snap some wonderful pictures of the imposing St. John Baptist Fort.
- Enjoy your free time by swimming, snorkeling or just relaxing on the beach.
- Explore the island’s caves and cliffs by kayaking or by a glass-bottom boat.
- As tour is limited for maximum 8 participants, it makes it a very pleasant small group experience.
Treat yourself to this time-limited, seasonal Romantic Berlenga Island tour! Spend a day with your guide on the Berlenga Island tour, a scenic island in the Berlengas Nature Reserve, on this small- group day trip. Travel to the fishing village of Peniche where you’ll board your boat for the island.
On arrival, visit St. John the Baptist Fort and take a guided stroll along the pathways of the UNESCO- listed Biosphere Reserve. Then, choose to join an included kayak or glass-bottom boat excursion through Berlenga Grande’s caves. This day tour from Lisbon will be unforgettable!
Meet your guide at one of the meeting points in Lisbon centre and depart for the charming fishing village of Peniche in a climate-controlled vehicle. On arrival, board a boat for the 40-minute crossing to Berlenga Grande, an island characterized by secluded caverns and twisting rock formations. After your boat drops anchor at the island’s port, enjoy some free time to pick up refreshments or stretch your legs with a stroll on the beach. Uncover the island’s flora and fauna with a 1-hour walk through the Berlengas Nature Reserve (Reserva Natural das Berlengas). After, break for lunch at one of the seafront eateries (own expense) or, if you’ve brought food with you, have a picnic on the beach. Next, swoop some snorkel gear (provided) and swim through the calm waters capturing scenic sea life. Alternatively, if you’d prefer a less demanding activity, explore the caves in a glass-bottom boat. After, travel back to Lisbon, where your tour concludes with drop-off at the starting point.
- Visit Grande Berlenga island
- Visit Fort of São João Baptista das Berlengas
Our guide will wait for you at one of the meeting points marked on the map below. Choose your preferable location and then select it from the offered options in the reservation form. Please, pay attention to your email, in the case of some change in the estimated pick-up time.
- IncludedMeeting point pick-up and drop off in Lisbon.Transportation by an air-conditioned vehicle.Personal and accident insurance.A round-trip on a boat to/from Berlenga Island.Use of snorkel equipment or glass-bottom boat excursion.
- Not IncludedLunch.